Thursday, December 3, 2020

American Civil War Dismounted Union Cavalry, 28mm

 Hello Again! This is the latest addition to my ACW cavalry forces. They will go towards the forces I will use for the skirmish rules I am writing and for the larger 28mm games I usually take around a wargaming friends, (when Covid-19 does not get in the way!).

These are Redoubt 28mm figures. I bought these as at the time the command figures from the Perrys range was somewhat limited. Typically by the time I had started to paint these then they released a second set of Union command, almost as if they were watching what I was doing!



Here are the other figures to substantiate that comment. I realised that the officers hat had a bugle on it too late so he will go into the infantry! The flags for the standard bearers are from GMB.



Here are some close ups of some of the command. The casting of the bugle held by the musician leaves a little to be desired but unless you get really close up it is not too obvious.

I like to provide close ups of finished figures as one of my gripes about pictures of figures I see on the internet are that they are at such a  distance you cannot see much of them at all. I do not mind cutting and cropping photographs to show them 'Warts and all' as I hope it helps other painters to realise that not everything looks that great close up but these do look very good overall.

Lastly the corporal is also ready for the table. All these figures are multi part and can be a bit frustrating to assemble but once done they are a unique model for the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment