Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hello All!

This is a short introduction to a new blog, something I have not done before. I run a small wargaming scenery company which supplies bespoke scenery, a range of trees and resin scenic items and trenches.

I previously had a website, under the same name, which has now been closed and I have decided to run this blog alongside my facebook page, under the same name, (https://www.facebook.com/tunniesterrain/?ref=bookmarks).

After making plastic kits, painting figures, wargaming and then starting to make and paint for other gamers for over 35 years, I took the plunge and started 'Tunnies Terrain' in 2014.

After completing work for a wargaming supplier and attending two shows per year for the last three years, (SELWG and Vapnartak), I have now turned to this blog to include tutorials, work in progress, games played and any visits of military interest. Followers are welcome to add anything that they would also like to see.

I am also a regular contributor to Wargames Soldier and Strategy magazine, (WSS), over the last four years and also value welcomed feedback for any readers.

Here is a small sample of the work I have previously completed:




Here is a picture of the garden of Hougoumont, completed for the wargames club I attend, New Buckenham Historical Wargamers, https://www.facebook.com/New-Buckenham-Historical-Wargamers-302874659765417/?fb_dtsg_ag=AdzHolb8tzGqePVOBMeejldxaULlQ4PEIw2uLQKXsubRxg%3AAdxOWjlSy2q-DBfyQ2UfNc30R_rdx1SemImjPDVhMoRwKQ

This is part of their regular 28mm refight of Waterloo and the addition of the garden was based on a number of sourced. Due to the discrepancy in ground scale it had to be reduced in size and fill the Hovels model walls.


Here is the Matchbox Dingo on some refurbished desert terrain. Based on an old sheet of plywood covered in polystyrene hills. The model was covered in a desert finish, painted, washed and dry brushed. The AB Dingo pack provided the crew and the aerials are cat whiskers.


The largest item of scenery I have completed was a range of bocage for North West Europe. I made this over 22 years ago. I has been refurbished once in that time has taken part in many games in a number of periods. The Panther tank in the foreground  is an old Esci model with miliputt zimmeritt applied, by me.


Here is a scratch built 28mm Dutch/European windmill, again completed for the New Buckenham wargamers. I have placed a 28mm Perry Union infantryman in the foreground for scale comparison.


Another scratch built windmill for the Peninsular War. With rotating sails and removable from the top of the hill here is a close up of the brickwork.



Next up is the result of two features published in WSS magazine issue 91 & 92. They covered the scratch building of a Russian Izba, (dwelling), and three 600mm x 600mm scenic tiles suitable for the Retreat from Moscow. A river made its way through the three tiles and its modular design allowed the boards to be put together in a number of ways. 


Here is the dwelling on one of the boards,



This is a small example of my work. In the future I shall include the resin items from my range of trenches, haystacks and ready to use trees.

Thank you for your time.







No comments:

Post a Comment