Thursday, September 20, 2018

New Products from Tunnies Terrain

Whilst producing some small woods from foam, for my trade stand at SELWG next month, I realised that I could use the same process to make some explosion markers.

After soaking them in paint and allowing them to dry I added a bit of colour and produced these.


Here is an SHQ 20mm Italian infantryman and a Perry 28mm Union cavalryman for size comparison. 







Unlike the resin explosion markers on the markers these are cheaper and will not shatter on hitting the floor. These bounce! They weigh next to nothing and come in a variety of sizes.
These are obviously larger explosions but I shall be making some smaller ones before SELWG.

Here are the woods which started the idea off.




These represent mixed woods of deciduous and conifer trees with trunks. They can be made in any shape to add variation to your wargames table and weigh very little so are not a problem to transport and offer a cheap alternative to individual trees which can shed foliage clusters when stored.

Prices available on request. Can be seen and collected at SELWG. Please contact me through this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Works nicely. I saw a method of producing homemade foam flock using old foam rubber and a blender. It's a bit too hairy an idea for me, but I suppose if an old blender were available I'd give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original idea came from a wargaming friend, (coincidentally nicknamed 'Tree'!), and is 'plucked' from a block of foam. While making some woods I thought the finished effect looked suitable for explosion markers. The woods are probably better for smaller figures and scales. I currently writing a feature for WSS to me published in the future.

    ReplyDelete