Sunday, April 14, 2019

Birch Seed Scale - Leaves

Hello There! I have been asked about the leaves that I use for some of my models. I saw these used on a model makers web site many years ago then bought some from a supplier soon after that.


Apologies for the poor photograph, as the weather here is very overcast today. I looked into how I could make some of these. Living in the countryside, here in Norfolk I was surrounded by Silver Birch trees. All I had to do was wait for the right time of year! These have been soaked in glycerine and then paint.



The packaging I have used is an old Perrys blister pack. I have included a ruler to show the size of packaging and leaves.

These are £4.00 a pack plus postage. Due to the labour intensive way of making these I only have six of these currently in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment