Sunday, August 4, 2019

Maverick Models Flags

Hello again! As I am painting some Spanish Napoleonics at the moment I needed some flags for the units involved in the battle of Medine de Rioseco. After looking around the internet I could not really find what I required.

I went to the Partizan show earlier this year and the owner of Eagle Figures, here, recommended Maverick Models Flags.

I found their website, here, and set about looking into their range, which is extensive.

One of the unique things about this range is that you can chose the size of flag that you require. As the flags used by the Spanish were much smaller than those used by the French and British I required something in between the offered sizes. This was no problem and after a couple of e mails it was all sorted.


Here is an example compared to my usual supplier for flags, GMB, here, the paper is a little thinner but the detail is just as good. Surprisingly the size I asked for came in close to these Confederate infantry flags.



The closer photographs show the wealth of detail and the clear printing. I will fit these to flag poles  sandwiching a piece of aluminium foil between each side glued into place by PVA glue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment