Friday, January 17, 2020

Confederate Regimental Colonels

Hello There! After deciding I required some  mounted officers for my forth coming Confederate units I purchased some from Old Glory. These are the, if I remember rightly, the Sash and Sabre version. I also purchased the Old Glory version.




This chap is waving his regiment on. I have included a red waist sash as this is an indication of seniority and light blue collar to represent the infantry. Looking at these, and the other pictures in this post, it shows up every little mark and wobble. Looking at the figures themselves these looked fine.



I see very few piebald and skewbald horses on the wargames table so I tend to favour these breed of horses to break up the 'sea of brown horses' which you normally see. This Southern Gentleman has a full beard which also suits the fashion of the time.

The pack has four mounted figures and here are the last two. There is a good variety of poses and clearly cast to assist painting. There was some flash which was straight forward to remove.



The last example is a single item which I found on a trader stand at Partizan. This was a single casting from Bicorne Miniatures. The head was separate and I liked the dynamic leaning forward pose. I also purchased a roadside crucifix which shall be suitable for my Napoleonic Peninsular projects.

The ACW rules I currently use are a combined 'Rally Around the Flag' with some modifications. I would like to include rules for sharpshooters and this is the start of providing targets for said sharpshooters.


No comments:

Post a Comment