Thursday, July 30, 2020

An A-Peel

Hello There. After posting on this blog for over a year now I have been able to post on a number of subjects related to war gaming and covered a number of periods and types of game. I have now started some construction themed posts in support of my latest project and progressed with the Skirmish project involving ACW figures and Napoleonic Peninsular Wars.

Now:


I would like some feed back concerning the blog and to see if I am just posting to a wilderness. I have had some likes on the Facebook page and Twitter but very little feedback or comments.

I am not after a 'bunch of flowers' for just doing my hobby but I would like to have some feedback and to actually know if there really is someone out there!

Information such as any help concerning painting tips, requests for what you may like to see, constructive comments on the sort of details you may be interested in a particular blog and so on.

Well looking forward to your flood, (!), of comments.

Many Thanks

Stephen   

12 comments:

  1. {Waves} Yes, it can get frustrating wondering if you're talking to a brick wall. Don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of others who get value from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello AJ. Yes just some feedback to gauge who is out there and guide me as to what I can do next really.

      Delete
  2. Frequent reader, infrequent commenter here. Terrain is always good imo as it transfers between periods... it is what I enjoy doing myself the most so any tips are always good that I can then try out myself.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pete. Thank you for getting back to me. Most of my scenery work goes to WSS magazine but I will try to find sone unedited versions of my features, complete with photos, and post them here.

      Delete
  3. G'Day Stephen, Interesting question. Please ignore this, if what I'm saying does not apply. I find that by linking to others site by adding yourself as a follower and making relevant comments will by default bring followers to your site who, if they find you topics interesting, will add a comment. I'm new to blogging - Regards Greg, see Delta Coy Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Greg! Its definitely relevant! I am on a few facebook pages and do post links but I think I have to be more proactive with this. Thank you for getting back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always look on to see your stuff. A lot of the time I have the great pleasure of seeing it at the club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee. Hopefully now the club is back I can be there more often.

      Delete
  6. Steve, try finding forums that are relevant to your topics and post previews there with links back to the full articles on the blog. I find people who use forums more likely to read and comment on blogs than those who just click like on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tony. Yes it loking like I need to look at some more forums and spread the word that way. Greg at Delta Coy has said much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. G'Day Stephen, thank you for following my blog. I hope there are some things there that you find useful. I've added myself as a follower and put your blog on my site as a blog I follow. Check out the list on the left hand side. My rule of thumbs is, I visit each blog as it goes to the top of the list that is they have posted a new comment. I then check it out and if relevant make a comment. Good to meet you! Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go to a club who do some AWI 28mm gaming from one persons collection. https://www.facebook.com/pg/New-Buckenham-Historical-Wargamers-302874659765417/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2488837951169066&ref=page_internal you may like them?

    ReplyDelete