Wednesday, April 14, 2021

French Light Company Skirmishers

 Hello There! I have added to the skirmisher project with some further French forces. these will be adversaries for the Spanish guerrillas I have completed previously.



These are from the Perry twins and are the pack of skirmishing voltigeurs. They were cleanly cast, something that I have heard is not always the case from other blogs. They are based on two pence pieces with magnabase on the under side.


The white is 836 London grey, 989 grey sky and thinned 951 white. The blue is Foundry 65A, 65C and Vallejo 965 Prussian blue.
 


I bought these figures from the Hammerhead show three years ago, (yes, remember Wargaming shows?).


They provide a nice variety of poses which are all suitable for my needs. I have further figures to add, from Front Rank, which although more of a parade dress than these, are more than acceptable. These can all serve as skirmisher screens for larger 'big battalions' games.


I have added clumps of static grass to these bases as I feel this makes them look a little more irregular and realistic.




No comments:

Post a Comment