Wednesday, May 19, 2021

French and Austrian Napoleonic 28mm Additions

 Hello there! I have had the opportunity to complete some Austrian casuality markers, another line colonel and a French officer for the Napoleonic skirmish project.



Here is the sole Frenchman. He is a Front Rank Light infantry officer who will lead the line infantry voltigeurs against the cowardly Spanish guerillas. I have been trying a few alternatived to the 'French Blue' coat colour. This is Wargames Foundry 65A French Blue shade, 65C French Blue highlight and Vallejo 841. The last two colours were mixed to make the highlight and I am pleased with the result.


Next up the latest Austrian line colonel. This chap is for the 11th  Erzherzog Ranier regiment. He is a Wargames Foundry figure from their mounted officers set. This is a two piece casting, unlike the Perrys version which is one piece which in turn takes longer to paint, is a very good fit with his horse. If I have any critisisms it is that the angle the sword is held at means that when picked up you can push the sword towards the figure and it looks odd. I feel it may only be a matter of time before it snaps off.



Here is the first casualty markers. I intend to use Shako II rules and these measure the effectiveness of each unit by having a number of 'hits'. These go down during the game and reflect how well they can fire and melee with the enemy. These are a way of recording the units status without paperwork. The counter bases are from Warbases.



These figures are again from Wargames Foundry and are very clean castings which required minimal cleaning up. I noticed while cleaning that some were Hungarian so after a quick scan of the order of battle of Eckmuhl and the facings of the required Hungarian regiments were found.


This last figure is from the Foundry German line command set. The position he is in is incompatable with the usual poses of the Austrian drill book version of march attack. This left me with some odd figures which I had no use for and as I had bought a few command sets I had a number of these. I decided to use them as casualty markers and this chap is for the 57th Joseph Colloredo regiment.

I have a further battalion 'on the paint table' and have now got in the habit of turning out the off white jacket and trousers to a satisfactory standard so speeding up their completion.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment