Sunday, May 9, 2021

Norfolk Boardgames, Wargames and Collectables, Great Yarmouth

 Hello there. After seeing some fellow wargamers from the New Buckenham club talking about the wargames shop in Great Yarmouth I decided to pay it a visit.

I did not know what to expect but sent a couple of PM messages to ask about a few Vallejo paints I required and got a very prrompt response which was really helpful.

There is a pay and display car park within sight of the shop on Georges Street which is convenient.

There is a wide range of stock and while there is a large range of Warhammer and fantasy there is also plenty of Historically based stock to peruse as well. The shop is densly packed with figures both new and pre owned, painted and unpainted. These are easily viewed on shelves in the shop window and along the walls.

There is stock of Warlord Games Napoleonics, WW II and Naval figures, models and rules and also 15mm figures available as well. 

I was surprised to find a complete range of Vallejo paints including game color, Panzer and air ranges as well as model colour.

I always like to support small shops like this so made a point of  making some purchases.



The Warlord Games Napoleonic Mule Train and Cantiniere sets were a nice surprise as I am painting the 'carrot' and 'stick' sets at the moment. These are intended for the skirmish rules I am presently working on and for photographic subjects for a future planned feature for WSS on suppllies and logisitics.

The panzer aces paints are to add to my various 'horse colours' and various brown shades which are always useful.

Overall I found it well worth a visit and has something for all gamers form historical to fantasy and feel it should be supported.

The shop has a facebook page which is here.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them out next time I'm over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this shop just over a year ago, a right old Aladin's cave.

    ReplyDelete