Wednesday, July 21, 2021

My Painting Table

Hello there! I have heard and seen other painters and wargamers commenting about their 'painting tables' and how they feel either comfortable or overwhelmed by it. This includes the amount of work they have to do, how much of it is in front of them or how they feel they are working and seem to get nowhere.

Here is my painting table.


Jesus Christ! Until I took a photo of it I did not realise what a complete bomb crater it was. Contrary to popular opinion, (after looking at this), yes I am married and my wife is very tolerant to me having a permanent painting table and I realise this. Although I do use the excuse that I do earn a bit of money painting this to photograph for features for WSS magazine.

I do also feel that if a burgular gets into my house he will realise that another burgular has already just been and leave immediately, so I also consider it a security measure.

I do clean up regularly, when one unit or project is finished and I move on to the next, as the reference material to hand has to change. I also clean up when I tell my child to tidy her room. This is so I can claim the morale high ground as I have tidied my mess so she has to do hers.

I was once asked 'How do you work in this?' and I answered 'I don't know' That was accepted as a valid answer.

Thank you for listening, end of broadcast.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, mate, you win. Mine is not quite so cluttered.

    ReplyDelete