Thursday, August 26, 2021

Latest Book Titles Bought

 Hello There! Here are a few more purchases from the visit to Paul Meekins and Hay on Wye.


I found these two books irresistable and a welcome addition to my 'Almark' collection. Although a little dated they are a warm reminder of the sources of uniform information I had available when I first started wargaming. I remember well the usual Saturday trip to the local library to look at what was on the shelf and if any of my book requests had arrived. Typically after contacting other local wargamers I found I was also in competition with them to see what was on the shelf!


I have found anything written by Gunther Rothenberg to be well worth the purchase. I have his 'The Art of Warfare in the Age of Napoleon' and this along with Nosworthy's 'Battle Tactics of Napoleon and his Enemies' changed many preconceptions of the Napoleonic period of warfare.

The other publications will provide further research for a planned feature on Napoleonic artillery for WSS. 


Lastly I have been trying to source a cheap copy of this for a while and one turned up in Hay on Wye. Again, for research purposes it will go nicely with the above books on the workings of Napoleonic armies.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, mate. Not sure if you've encountered the Napoleonic fiction of my fellow author Lynn Bryant? I thought of you when she raised a question on Twitter about whether Peninsular British army sergeants would have bayonets.

    https://twitter.com/LynnBry29527024

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello AJ. I have not read those. I do have another British battalion lined up to do. Initially for Maida it will be making an appearance in the Peninsular too.

    ReplyDelete