Friday, August 6, 2021

Latest Purchase of Books

 Hello There! As a follow on to the Battle of Bosworth game and after a visit to Hay on Wye, (secondhand bookshop heaven!), I purchased a number of books, (the exact number of which is not available to my wife). One of them was this.


As mentioned before I know little of the medieval period let alone the Wars of the Roses. I have seen a number of semi biographical documentaries on the television, (Antonia Fraser comes to mind), over the years but have little idea of in what order it all slots together. I hope this book will clarify this for me. I am aiming for an overview of the whole war next.


Again this is intended to fill the gaps in my knowledge of the period. On the plus side I can visit the battlefields much more easily than any other period.


Lastly this tome covers the time from 1286 to the Wars of the Roses. The author links the more recent vote of Scotland for a devolved parliament to the history of this period.

I will review these books when I have had the time to paint them and add them to my 'read' list in due course.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting period, and oh! So tempting! Shed Wars blog has a lot of WotR posts on his ongoing refight of various battles and engagements. http://shedwars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello AJ. I have looked at the Perrys and Front Rank ranges and told my wife to take away my credit cards......

    ReplyDelete