Tuesday, April 19, 2022

American Civil War, 28mm, 1st Texas Regiment

Hello there! I have intended to add further Confederate troops to my collection for a long time now. I am recreating the Texas Brigade at Antietam and these are part of the same brigade the Hamptons Legion are in.


Confederate regiments became very small as the war progressed. The figure ratio for the rules I use is approximately 1:25 so a base of four figures works out at 100 men. This leaves 500 men as a bit big for some Confederate units as the war progressed but the figure stands are generic so can easily be swapped between future units.


The problem with painting Confederate troops is to make a change to the possibly monotonous range of greys and browns. I have tried to vary the shades of the uniform so that they do not all look the same. 


I have read that the Texas Brigade were uniformed in 'English Grey' uniforms just before the Battle of Antietam. I have since been unable to find this reference but have used 964 Field grey as this colour with suitable shading and highlighting.


The command base is specifically 1st Texas Regiment and the flags are from GMB Flags. I have used pikes from 1st Corps for the flag poles.




I have further figures to complete the brigade along with command figures, which will appear in due course.


No comments:

Post a Comment