Sunday, April 17, 2022

Vivadiere & Cantiniere

Hello There!. As I have had a slight modification to my employment and sometimes work for agency as well as my 'normal' work I have had less time to paint.

These young ladies have been on my work bench for a lot longer than I had planned but here they are now.



The figure on the left is from Eureka Miniatures from their Revolutionary Wars Range here.   Although from their Revolutionary range I have used her here for the Napoleonic period and painted her to mimic the 10th Hussars.

The middle two are from brigade games and are sold in a set here. The one in red is painted in a jacket of the 9th Hussars and the second is in a blue jacket copied from the internet. 

The woman on the far right is from Warlord games and she comes complete with a mule loaded with provisions tethered to a post here. She is painted as the 5th Hussars. 

I also used the Osprey book on Napoleons Camp Followers here.

These can not only be used for 'fluff' in larger battles but as players or objectives in skirmish games. They will also featured in a feature on logistics for WSS magazine as it was not only the armies logistics which supplied the army when either in barracks or on the move.









Here are some more close ups of the completed project. I never knew that there were so many Camp Women available from different suppliers but they did take a bit of time on the internet to find them!


No comments:

Post a Comment