Saturday, July 29, 2023

American Civil War Display

Hello there! After visiting the Stonham Barns re enactment display a few weeks ago I found a traders stall that sold accoutrements for American Civil War uniforms.

At the time I thought that I could make something out of what was on offer. I decided to centre it on Union cavalry and produced this,


It is a box frame from Hobbycraft, painted bright yellow, (the facing colour of Union cavalry). The brass items have are mounted on a pin so instead of snapping that off I placed a sheet of foam across the back and covered that with a sheet of blue card.

The cloth patch is simply glued in place. I wanted to make something unique and am pleased with how this came out.

I hope to find further traders stalls in the future that will give me the material to do something similar for a different period of military history.


No comments:

Post a Comment