Sunday, October 8, 2023

Karabela Publishing

 Hello There! Another period of time where 'Life' has got in the way, but today I have just returned from 'The Other Partizan', and shall post photos from that show once I have edited them.

Meanwhile I have a few pictures of the military prints I have displayed at home.


This is the first print I bought from Karabela Publishing house. This is an illustration of Marshal Lannes. The artist is Ryszard Morawski.

I purchased this at the 201st anniversary of Waterloo, at the museum which is on the battlefield. A small military market was there with the publishers in attendance. I had already seen the two book boxed set of the Duchy of Warsaw Line Infantry and also bought this print.

Karabela Publishing are based in Poland and publish a series of books on the Duchy of Warsaw troops from the Napoleonic wars. They also sell a large number of prints, in different sizes, of many French Napoleonic subjects.


Next up in Crown Prince Jozef Antoni Poniatowski. A suitably ornate uniform for this character!


Here is the man himself who is at the centre of the display


General Antoine Charles Louis de Lasalle. The person who has been attributed the quote, 'Any trooper who isn't dead by 30 is a coward, and I don't anticipate exceeding that length of time', who was killed at the Battle of Wagram, aged 34!


This last plate was spotted on a photo of a trade stand, belonging to the publishers, on one of their facebook pages. As I had not seen it before I sent an e mail to them to see if it had been sold or if there were any other copies. It turned out that it was a one off and still available.

Sadly I recently heard that the artist who did these and many more recently died. Very sad news as his work was so good. A real loss to the military fraternity. The Karabela face book page carried the sad news here.

These are highly recommended by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment