Thursday, January 24, 2019

American Civil War Wargame Played on 3rd January 2019

Hello Again. I found some photographs that I had not posted on my Blog. This was my first wargame of the year and gave me the opportunity to place some new Confederate cavalry on the table.

As the game was very engrossing I did not have much opportunity to take photos.



The object  of the game was for a Confederate force to cross the table and escape off the Union baseline. This was unknown to the Union forces and with their initial deployment in the middle of their baseline and a large open right flank, this led to the Union starting to move some of their forces to their right.

After a few moves and three Confederate infantry units advancing on the Union line a large force of Confederate cavalry appeared on the left. Here they are advancing as they pass the woods on the Union left flank.



 Further Union troops arrived from behind the Union base line and slowly moved into place.



I usually use my zouave unit to represent the Union 'green' troops so I do not get them mixed up with other troops. In this game they lasted well and did not decide to have an urgent appointment elsewhere on this day.



The advance from the initial Confederate was slowed but continued to be a threat.



While the Confederate cavalry managed to escape.

The scenario was provided be Adrian and worked very well with honours were even at the end of the day but the game had come to a definite end.

No comments:

Post a Comment