Thursday, May 23, 2019

More Union Cavalry Recruits for the ACW Project

Hello There! As I now need to start painting Spanish Napoleonics for a forth coming feature I need the space on my painting table. The closest items to finishing were these dismounted Union cavalry.


The first two are mounted Union cavalry. I have started to base my cavalry singularly as a set of skirmish rules would require it but they can still be used for larger tabletop games as well. These are Perry 28mm figures with the darker horse painted in oil paints and 'wiped' and the white horse is a new paint recipe from here.


I ended up doing three dismounted standard bearers. I was short of these from the Perrys range, (yes I know they have now released another load of dismounted Confederate and Union cavalry figures), so decided to give Redoubt a go. I purchased my first lot before they went over to Grubby Tanks and they have sat in a dark corner ever since. Here are the first two completed and while it is a bit of a pain to glue them together they do look good and if painted with the same colours and to the same standard you cannot tell they are any different on a wargames table. The flags are from GMB. 


Next up some officers and an NCO. The middle man is a Wargames Foundry officer and the other two are Redoubt. I have no idea what the officer on the left is doing and can only guess this is a result of  making a flat casting as he appears to be sharpening his sword with his revolver.

Continuing with the idea of completing a casualty marker with each group of figures I complete I have added a Confederate infantryman. The casualty marker is based on a dial from Warbases.I did not realise that the bugler appears to be leaning back and saying 'OK! The Oscars don't get invented for another 50 years!'

Here are the troops then. All Perrys. I have used tufts from Great Escape Games whom I have used for a number of years.



No comments:

Post a Comment