Saturday, September 26, 2020

British Napoleonic Uniforms by C E Franklin

 Hello There! I have been painting some 28mm British Napoleonic infantry recently and originally had only the two Osprey books on the subject.

While these are a good introduction to the subject, although some people are dubious of information from Osprey, which I have used on a number of occasions.

I decided to look into some alternatives for information on this subject and found this.



After looking through this publication I found it to be a one stop, do not need anything else, source for British Napoleonic uniforms. The plates are very high quality and clear and the text in relevant with information to clarify what accoutrements soldiers and officers wore and particularly helpful to me an explanantion of the colours drummers wore in relation to the units facings.

It does not have any information on flags but otherwise this is certainly a useful publication to acquire if you have British units to paint.

 

5 comments:

  1. Great book! I found it very useful when I was painting British infantry time ago.

    Best wishes,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pan. I found this after searching on the internet then a recommendation by a wargaming friend. It was well worth the purchase. Do you do a lot of Napoleonic gaming?

      Delete
    2. Yes I do! I mostly play Austrians and started with French Army recently. Sold the British last year though.

      Best wishes,
      Jan

      Delete
  2. Strangely I have that too and a digital copy of the AWI one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the AWI one too which is just as good

    ReplyDelete