Thursday, September 23, 2021

'New' Book

 Hello There. After working on some of my 1809 Austrian forces I found that the order of Battle of  Eckmuhl had a unit I was unable to find the uniform for.

They were the 'Mahr Freiwilliger Jager'. After looking through the Osprey books I have on the Austrians of the Napoleonic wars and my Rawkins publication I still drew a blank.

It appeared that they were also called something else and next I figured out that 'Mahr' was an abbreviation for Mahrisch which stood for Moravia. From there I placed a request on a few Napoleonic pages and someone posted a illustration of a group of uniformed figures. This illustration was in the same style as those in my Copies of 'Waterloo' and 'The Peninsular War' by Lachouque.

On further questioning I found that they had come from another book by the same author but this one had French text.




Here are pictures of the front cover, one of the many illustrations that I have not seen before and one of the many illustrations which fill this book.

After collecting many books on the Napoleonic period and many on the 1809 campaign I was surprised to flick through this book and see so many illustrations that I have not seen before.

I purchased my copy through Abe Books but from the book supplier here

Very well packaged and received very quickly indeed I would recommend looking at their Military book section on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment