Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy Issue 111

Hello There! I received my complimentary copy of issue 111 of Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy magazine today. In it I have had a feature published in it which goes into painting some of the more difficult colours that wargamers like to avoid. 

Reds and yellows can be hard to shade and highlight and here is a few pointers to help you out.



The idea for this feature came about while painting figures for my 'Maida' project. This started with the Watteville Regiment then a battalion of Swiss in French service. When looking into the sources of red dye and the shades of red that were used in uniforms, it became apparent that, as the Illustrious editor of WSS would say, 'There is a feature in that!'

I also included white, in the original feature, however it was lost in the editing but that will be rewritten and shall make an appearance in a future edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment