Friday, April 24, 2020

French Foreign Legion 'Conus' 75mm MLE 1897

Hello There! I added to the French desert force as I wanted to take a small break from the ACW forces.

Although not present at Bir Hacheim, and probably crewed by Spahis troops instead of Legion Etrange, this was a version equivalent to the British 'Deacon' which had a 6pdr gun.



This item has yet to be varnished. I lost the original driver and passenger heads from Raventhorpe so had to replace them with others from the bits box. I was considering making the gun rotate but if this is possible gamers are induced to do this and so making it more likely to get broken. I was unable to find figures small enough to fit in the turret.....yet!. 

I have further models of this and the Tanake to complete. I have also read that FFL Legion Etrange patrols consisted on Marmon Herrington armoured cars. I view a Herrington at the Samur Tank Museum and which had FFL markings on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment