Friday, April 3, 2020

Spanish 28mm Napoleonic Guerillas

Hello There! Next up today are some Spanish guerrillas for and extension of the skirmish project. With the similarity of arms technology between the two periods, (excepting the artillery), I hope to be able to use some rules for this period as well. This has lead me to consider using Donald Featherstone's skirmish rules but with some extra sections on morale and/or reaction. Well that is for the future but first here are the figures.



The first figure came from 'Bad Squiddo Games' They provide a range of female figures from all through history and this one fitted best with my Spanish guerrilla plans. I have been told it resembles a character from the 'Sharpe' series. I like the way that the shading and highlighting came out on the cape.



I wish I could remember the supplier of the following figures. I think I purchased them from Partizan last year and they were part of a demonstration game with these for sale at the end of the table. Although with more rugged facial features and not what we have come to expect they still have a place in my guerrillas force.

This chap is waving on someone else to die for King Ferdinand, (sensible fellow). Although much of the clothing for these guys is bland browns I have added the odd bright colour to appeal to the eye.



This chap is almost certainly influencd by the Dighton illustration of  Jose de Espin from the Blandford book 'Uniforms of the Peninsular War' His 'uniform' was decorated with skulls. 



The last two figures are the last items from the pack I purchased at Partizan. These are  foot soldiers but still have a character of their own. If anyone out there can remind me of the company that produces these then please add this to the comments below.


Lastly a civilian figure that comes from the Perrys Carlist War range. They do some boxes of civilians and they are very useful if you are using Spanish guerrillas. I replaced the pole, (spike. spear?) with some brass wire and continued with the dulled colours for the clothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment