Tuesday, July 16, 2024

New Explosion Marker

Hello There! While I have had the opportunity to work on some more explosion markers, I have made one of these:



The figures are SHQ British Mediterranean infantry. in 20mm, for scale. It is based on one of the markers from my previous post here.

Initially I glued some flower arranging wire into the explosion, with a small rounded piece of milliputt on the end to represent shrapnel coming out from the explosion.

I asked a wargaming colleague for his opinion and after a discussion he suggested adding some 'smoke'

I used stuffing fibre from Hobbycraft but this can also be found in an old pillow. I only had to use a small piece as I could prise the fibres apart and then spread them upwards.

I had already sprayed the fibre a brown colour because I intend it to be used for the desert or NW Europe.

I used PVA and paint across the base to keep the fibre in place and then when I was satisfied with its position I added a spray of black as well.

The small pieces in the 'smoke' are dried tea leaves to add to the pieces flying from the explosion.

Overall I am please with the result and grateful for the feedback from my wargaming colleague.

I may make a few more to add to the forthcoming Bir Hacheim refight that I would like to put on again sometime in the future.




























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment