Saturday, May 30, 2020

French Napoleonic 1st Legere

Hello there! I have still been writing and painting during this fine weather and here is my latest completed unit.


They are front rank figures  and a GMB flag. These are intended as part of a number of units to refight the battle of Maida. However before you all start writing in I do know they would have been uniformed in the side rise and fall plume. I have one of these figures to act as a casualty marker but these will also be making an appearance in the Peninsular and against 1809 Austrians. Also the company organisation would be different.


I have taken the opportunity to use the pictures for this post as a chance to experiment with my none existent camera skills and feel I have made some little progress, This Colonel makes a fine figure indeed.

I am pleased how the blue finally came out and being a bit patient paid off in the long run, (see my previous post).



Here the grenadier group, in full dress, has come out well too. I am planning to use Shako II rules with some amendments organised between Adrian, my gaming friend.


The command group, with GMB flag and Eagle from Front Rank too retains its folds as I have sandwiched foil between the sides as I folded. I explained how to do this in Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy magazine, issue 101.

Finally the last base. I added the bugler, (cornet?), player as a change. The dead grass tufts came from Great Escape Games, here.

Next up will be a race between an Austrian unit or a British one. Each will contribute to a new feature for WSS about painting Red, Yellow and White. 






No comments:

Post a Comment