Saturday, May 9, 2020

'No Surrender' Coltishall Cowards Club Magazine

Hello There. In the 1990's I was a member of the Coltishall Cowards Wargames Club. They had a bi monthly club magazine which was very popular and was edited for a while by Nigel H. I found this copy in the loft while searching for some other wargames paraphernalia.

This was from January 95 and had 48 A5 pages and showed that it was a very vibrant club at the time. Full of campaign information and games held at the club. I noticed this issue was the one where I advertised a visit to Ian Weekleys house to view his latest projects and buildings he was making. Ian, now sadly departed, was a great supporter of the club.



Here is an American War of Independence campaign and battle report. Illustrated by John P, an accomplished artist, who was also taking part in the campaign. One episode I remember was after John read about an AWI battle where the commander of a British unit ordered his troops to remove their flint from their muskets to encourage them to close with the enemy more quickly he then did this with every attack he made from then on! 'No Flints Parke' became a common sobriquet for him from then on!


Here is on of my first attempts of writing features! I had been in the Falkland Islands for 4 months and had visited all the battlefield sites. I wonder if anyone has any more issues of this magazine as I would like to see the other features in this series.




1 comment:

  1. I might have a few copies somewhere. A good magazine.

    ReplyDelete