Monday, March 15, 2021

Front Rank 28mm French Napoleonic Mounted 9th Chasseurs

 Hello There! Another addition to the Maida project are these mounted chasseurs. They are the only complete unit that were present in the battle, the British having some residual cavalry but not enough to make much of  a difference on the battle itself.



The flag is from GMB and I have used brass wire with an eagle from Front Rank. The facing colours for this regiment is pink which shows up really well on the unit.


I have read many time that a trumpeters shabraque may have been in black but have seen a number of contemporary illustration showing the same as the men. I concluded that regulations stated black but that this was not always followed.


The individual figures have company pom poms wnd the officers jacket again stands out in tehe facing colour.


I included the elite 'company', although I have read that it was actually the first troop of the first company only uniformed like this.


Here is the remaining base of men. I am beginning to enjoy painting cavalry and have tried to have a unit of mounted troops always on the go so I do not end up just paintng cavalry figure after cavalry figure so running the risk so getting fatigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment