Monday, March 15, 2021

Spanish Napoleonic Civilians

 Hello There! I have added some further figures to the Napoleonic skirmish project. These Spanish gentlemen are to accompany the Spanish ladies that were posted here.

They are part of the Perrys Carlist wars range found here,  


I copied the colours from the Perrys website with a few changes.



This farmer figure held a long pole which was made out of white metal. I cut this off and replaced it with brass wire. This has the benefit that it will not snap off later but will also serve as a reminder to be careful with my figures, (I sharpened the point as per Peter Gilders figures at the wargames holiday centre).



The figure on the left appears to be more affluent and is dressed smartly while that on the right looks to me like a worker. The casting were all very clear and required minimal deflashing.


The man on the left can be added to the clerics and monks I have painted here. The Spanish army employed clergy to encourage the troops during a battle to fight so this chap can be employed for that. The man on the right is smoking a clay pipe. This is something I have found a lot of pieces of while digging my garden over. I refrained from glueing a small piece of 'smoke' to the end of the pipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment