Monday, March 15, 2021

SHQ BV80 Scammell Pioneer R100 Heavy Wrecker

Hello There! Another additon to the tank recovery game project is this Scammell wrecker. It is originall an artillery tractor but the model comes with the option of a gantry and canopy to fit.


The chipping can be done in many ways but here I painted the chips on with a fine brush.


The windscreen is a scap piece of acetate packaging from a screen in a plastic package. It is cut to size with a sharp scalpel and glued in place with PVA.


The coarse vegitations is bristles from a coconut hair brush and the finer plants are the method I described in the post on the British Napoleonic foot artillery, here,  


The original gantry from the model was very small and did not allow me to thread any chains through it. I wanted to model some representation of a block and tackle so had to make a new gantry from plasicard parts then use chain from my bits box.


Here is a better view of the gantry. I am now working on a German tank transporter for the DAK for the same project.

No comments:

Post a Comment